Home > I Made a Thing! > Cello Endpin and Housing

Cello Endpin and Housing

Well, after a somewhat ill-fated cello refit, I ended up with a tilted endpin and a poorly fitted endpin…housing…plug..thing.  I’m not rightly sure what those are called.  I had recently started making round things on my little lathe, so it made sense that I could make a new one.  It took a fair bit of measuring and tiny adjustments, but eventually I ended up with something quite serviceable, if  not quite as nicely matched to the rest of the cello’s finish.  The endpin itself, and the metal bit that you see on the end of the endpin plug are simply lifted from the old, poorly fitting endpin.  Yay for radial symmetry!

 

Image

Advertisements
Categories: I Made a Thing!
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: